Many homeowners need to remove insulation in order to install new insulation. Whether it is outdated, contaminated by rodents, covered with debris, dirt or dryer lint, water or mold damaged, or fire or smoke damage, we have the solution to get rid of it. In this process we use a high-powered vacuum connected to the vacuum hose. The vacuum is positioned outside the home and a large volume filter bag is used to collect the insulation. This process is very efficient, and keeps the home from being further contaminated by the insulation being removed from your attic or crawlspace.
REASONS TO HAVE ATTIC INSULATION REMOVED FROM AN OLD ATTIC
- Damaged/Contaminated Insulation (rodent and animal feces)
- Smoke/fire and mold/water damaged
- Attic insulation of today is far superior to the attic insulation that was used only 10-15 years ago.
- Lead ink used in cellulose insulation
- Upgrading Insulation (newer insulation is flame retardant)
- Allergies & Dust (our insulation is hypo-allergenic & Green Guard certified for hospitals and schools for air quality)
- Over Insulated (too much insulation)
- Remodeling (keeps insulation from contaminating living space when ceiling sheet rock is removed)
- Converting the attic space to a conditioned space using spray foam
- Access to attic floor for air sealing the penetrations